Lindsay Farm brand has issued a recall of its Organic Raw Milk (Unpasteurised) in the Hawke’s Bay region. The recall is prompted by concerns about potential contamination, and customers are urged to take immediate action.
Recalled Product Details:
- Product Type: Raw (Unpasteurised) Drinking Milk
- Name of Product (Size): Lindsay Farm brand Organic Raw Milk (Unpasteurised) 2L
- Batch Marking: Lot numbers – 2310, 2410, 2510, 2610, 2710, 2810, 2910, 3010, 3110, 0111, 0211
- Date Marking (Use by dates): 27.10.23, 28.10.23, 29.10.23, 30.10.23, 31.10.23, 01.11.23, 02.11.23, 03.11.23, 04.11.23, 05.11.23
- Package Size and Description: 2L plastic bottle
- Distribution: Sold in the Hawke’s Bay region via home deliveries and registered depots (see list below)
- Not Exported: The product has not been exported.
Distribution Points: The product is sold through home deliveries and the following registered depots in the Hawke’s Bay region:
- Betta Electrical, 46 – 48 Ruatainwha Street, Waipukurau
- Chantal Shop, 45 Hastings Street, Napier
- Cornucopia – The Organic Shop, 221 Heretaunga Street East, Hastings
- Planters Nursery, 418 St Georges Road, Havelock North
- Healthnuts, 4 Barraud Street, Dannevirke
- Waipawa Organic Grocer Limited, 100 High Street, Waipawa
- Tangaroa Seafoods, 7 Tangaroa Street, Ahuriri, Napier
- Unichem Taradale Pharmacy, 288 Gloucester Street, Taradale, Napier.
Consumer Advice: Consumers are advised to take the following steps:
- Check the lot number and Use by date on the bottle.
- If you have the affected product, do not consume it.
- Return the product to the retailer for a full refund.
- Alternatively, if you wish to consume the product, heat it to 70°C and hold at this temperature for one minute. If you don’t have a thermometer, heat the milk until it nearly reaches a boil (scald the milk) before drinking.
Health Concerns: There have been three reported cases of illness associated with the consumption of this product. Consumers who have consumed the recalled product and have concerns about their health are urged to seek medical advice promptly.
Contact Information: For further information or questions related to the recall, consumers can contact Lindsay Farms HB Ltd:
- Phone: 06 858 5333
- Address: Lindsay Road, Waipukurau, Central Hawke’s Bay.